Sunday, October 28, 2007

So I'm in the UK and noticing the small things...

After a 24 hour trip (as measured from my door to my hotel room), I'm just outside of London getting ready to hit the sack in preparation for the work week. I had plenty of time to walk about the city in the rain and its interesting to note the subtle differences between here and America. There are a lot more different types of people here. You hear many different languages just walking down the street. Many more people are walking around (petrol here is about $8/gal) and what amounts to downtown here is full of different small businesses. Not a Walmart in sight! Most of all, when I walk into one, the service people actually great me and ask how they can be of help. There are many kids working (young adults 18-22 or so) and they are working, not slacking. On the other hand, everyone is on thier cell phone talking or texting, perhaps evern more so than I see at home.

No comments: