Monday, June 2, 2008

Live or die - just quit whining at me!

I've managed a lot of people of the years and few have ever told me that they had enough money or thought that were much worse at their job than everyone thought. Everyone thinks they are worth more money, a promotion, a better spouse, happier kids, etc.

Really? They why are so stupid that you keep working here, going home to your spouse, living the same boring life that you are whining about?

I'm not the bubbly, happy type (as if you haven't figured that out by now), but I'm happy with my job and my life. I'm worth a hell of a lot more than I'm paid, but I've worked for myself and the boss was a jerk. I worked 90 hour weeks and couldn't keep up with the work but didn't want to hire people. A stupid decision in retrospect, but I was young and used to working hard. I'm not whining about how unfair and miserable I am - I'm trying to find new ways to add value by fixing problems for my employer. And I've been trying to figure out how to be a better husband and father, although I haven't made much progress.

We all get the life we work for. People don't go around making bad decisions intentionally, although the do seem to sabotage themselves quite a bit. We all pick the best option at the moment and that leads you to your present situation.

Deal with it. Change your life or quit complaining about it - I'm tired of hearing about your problems.

No comments: