Wednesday, March 12, 2008

The vast Clinton right wing conspiricy

I'm voting for Obama. And I'm going to keep sending him money until he get the nomination. Why? Its not like I think the guy is going to be able to deliver on all his promises. I think he's well-intentioned, well-principled, and erudite, but what really sold me on Obama was Hillary and Bill.

I didn't like the tactics the Republicans used on the Clintons and each other in the last few races. I generally think if you have to lie and smear your opponent, you have a really weak position and probably shouldn't win.

And as much as she whined (often and loudly) about the VAST RIGHT WING CONSPIRACY (VRWC) and their tactics, you think she'd be the last one to use those tactics.

And yet she has, using her henchmen, including Bill, as attack dogs. And then on top of it all, she plays the victim and blames the media and Obama for attacking her. Hell, if anything, he hasn't attacked her enough because of his "good guy" positioning. And Bill, an elder statesman, is paying the attack dog with great relish - much to her and the party's detriment.

The problem with the Bush administration and the current Republican party- is its lying to start a war, its advocating of torture, its stacking the judiciary with dumb-ass religious zealots, its rape of NASA, FDA, CNC, and other agencies that protect the public, it lack of oversight of our money, and its total criminal disregard for the laws and Constitution of this country, is, fundamentally, that it believes THE ENDS JUSTIFY THE MEANS.

And Hillary is willing to become her own VRWC just to win an election. On top of which her advisers are complete and total idiots incapable of forming a logically consistent argument for why she's the better candidate. (said best by Keith Olbermann: Clinton's tepid response to Ferraro is shameful). She is willing to win a pyrrhic "victory" at the ruination of principle, party, and the votes of the American people.

I admit it. I have the audacity to hope that Obama wins. Because I can't take any more of the Republican destruction of the American ideals. Even if its done by a Democrat.

1 comment:

revmatty said...

I've voted against a Bush 3 times, I wonder if I'll get to vote against a Clinton for a third time?